Monday, June 9, 2008

wow.

here it is.

a blank iframe waiting to be filled as I've finally decided to give in and create a blog. Well. Here goes!

I _hate_ the word. "blog"... I recall back in late 2000 when my project director at a multimedia firm I was employed at during the time, Todd (later turned very close friend, one I just ironically spoke with today) asked me "Hey Rob, what the hell, is a b-log??" I was a cube away and as you might guess, I had absolutely no freakin clue what it was he was talking about. It wasn't until he spelled the word out that It dawned on me that this "blogging" had caught on and the meme had officially penetrated our consciousness forever. I vaguely recall this as the first time I had ever heard the word come up in conversation outside of my then girlfriend who was a very adamant blogger... it's a disgusting word, a slur away from "buger". My 75 year old parents still to this day ask me to explain to them: "Robert, what the heck is a blog??"

To me it never made sense. I journaled, I've always kept sketchbooks. I wasn't too moved by the idea of permanently publishing anything to be converted to 1s and 0s and forever be encased into the "ambers of the internet" for anybody to be able to look back upon.

I think at some point I must have become more comfortable with the concept. I speak my mind. I do speak softly, but I carry a big stick. I don't hold back, and I'm only 31... the stick is getting whittled down-as I'm still rather young I have lots to learn. The more I speak my mind, the more I learn and so i find myself enticed with the idea of engaging with a ... blog.

So here it is. Trust me I have lots on my mind. I don't even know where to begin at this point, but im putting this stake in the ground and finally starting a blog.

Right. so now i've gotta go invite some friends here.. .that's how it works, eh?


look up!
-wentzr

(currently playin : "Daddy's Blazin' BBQ" by Pepe Deluxe)

No comments:

Post a Comment